Bishop Bradley has created five commissions for consultation and guidance on pastoral ministry for the Diocese of Kalamazoo. Currently there are three active commissions:
- The Diocesan Worship Commission,
- The Commission for Ministry to Persons with Disabilities
- The Commission for Lay Ecclesial Ministry Formation.
In April 2016 Bishop Bradley authorized the creation of two additional commissions:
- The Commission on New Evangelization
- The Commission for Justice and Mercy.
Members of all Diocesan Commissions should exhibit:
- a life of love for Jesus Christ and faithfulness to the Church;
- a lifestyle that embraces Church teachings and expectations
- a life of prayer, with a willingness to pray for those involved with and affected by the commission;
- a respect for the Bishop and the ability to assist and support his mission;
- the ability to focus on the greater needs of the whole diocese;
- the ability to work as a member of a team while adding to good group dynamics;
- the ability to grow and be open to transformation;
- good communication skills with the ability to listen and respect other perspectives; &
- a desire to continue to grow in knowledge, to learn alongside others and assist others in learning.
If you are interested, in any one of these Commissions, or would like to nominate a member of the lay faithful, please complete the form below. Click the above Commission names for full descriptions.